Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Menu Plan Monday-October 2012 (Week 1)

I've decided to bring the menu plan back to the blog! I think menu planning is an important step to feeding your family healthful, well-rounded meals, as well as keeping you on track with a budget.

When I posted my previous menus, they were monthly menus, but I'm switching to weekly menus.  The main reason is that our diets have changed to include much more plant food (i.e. salads and veggies) so I shop for those more frequently than I would with once a month shopping. The other reason is that if you are new to menu planning it's easier to start small.  At first even taking on a week at a time may sound daunting.  Hopefully you can start getting some ideas and inspiration from the new weekly menu posts and start creating your own!

I'll list mostly our dinner menu and link recipes that are already on the blog. Meals that are not linked will show up hopefully within a week, if it is something our family loved.  I'll also link other things I plan on making.



October Menu (week 1)
Monday
Whole Wheat Pasta with Cilantro-Peanut Pesto
fresh corn on the cob
salad

Tuesday
Blackened Salmon Tacos w/ corn salsa
Southwest Cabbage Slaw

Wednesday
Lemon and Oregano Roast Chicken
fresh steamed green beans
Sweet Potato Cakes

Thursday
Vegan Broccoli Soup
Sourdough baguette

Friday
Quinoa Sliders w/ avocado on homemade whole wheat dinner rolls
Italian Salad w/ Basil Vinaigrette

Saturday
Bean Curry
Thai Coconut Rice

Sunday
Homemade Pizza (toppings to be determined)

Other things I'll be making
Crunchy Oat Cereal (with almond pulp)
Apples and Cinnamon Breakfast Quinoa
Grilled Apple Pie Breakfast Stack
Cinnamon Rolls
Homemade Peanut Butter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...