Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Honey Curry Chicken


Who doesn't like chicken and rice? It is so versatile with endless possibilities for flavor combinations. Curry and coconut go great together. They are a perfect match. The sweetness and creaminess of the coconut rice balances out the slight spiciness of the curry. This is a very easy recipe, quick to pull together and uses ingredients that are most likely already in your pantry or fridge. I have chosen to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but it would also be great with legs or thighs or even a whole chicken. I got this recipe from my mom She just uses the sauce as a marinade and cooks her chicken on an outdoor grill. Baked or grilled, this is a keeper!

1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup honey
2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
1 tsp. salt
1-2 tsp. curry powder
1-2 lbs. chicken (which ever cut you choose-I usually cut my chicken breasts into tenders so more of the chicken gets flavored)

Melt butter and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Place chicken in a large baking dish and pour sauce over chicken. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes or until done, basting about every 10 minutes.

To grill, thread chicken tenders onto skewers and grill on medium heat until done, turning half way through.

5 comments:

  1. Love this recipe! Especially great on the grill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my kind of recipe (I'm making it right now!)...just a few ingredients & simple instructions. I opted to bake mine (covered with foil to keep in moisture)...wondering what you'd recommend in order to make the sauce into a thicker one after the chicken's done to put on plain rice...btw CONGRATS on moving in! Give yourself several years to unpack everything. :) Love you guys! ~ Laura B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, to make the sauce thicker, I would just transfer it to a saucepan and add a little cornstarch and water, whisk it in adn bring to a boil and it should thicken right up. However, once we poured the sauce over the rice, it absorbed it pretty well. Good luck! Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED this recipe!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try this. I love curry!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...