Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Apple Walnut and Feta Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette


This is the perfect salad for fall and embraces many of those flavors I love! If I had to pick a component I love best I would definitely say the vinaigrette because I think the dressing totally makes the salad and this one is divine.  It's light and fresh and only slightly sweet, perfectly complimenting the salad. 

I do love everything about the salad though, it is a perfect combination from the sweet-tart and chewiness of the dried cranberries to the crispness of the apples and the soft and saltiness of the cheese.  All together it is one great salad.  I made extra vinaigrette so we can keep this salad on hand for a while.


Apple Walnut and Feta Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
For the salad:
1/2 head of Romaine lettuce, chopped
1 large apple, sliced and chopped (I used golden delicious)
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled (can also substitute another soft, salty cheese such as queso fresco)

Chop lettuce and place in a large salad bowl.  Layer the rest of the ingredients on top in the order given. Serve with raspberry vinaigrette.

For the vinaigrette:
1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or unsweetened thawed frozen)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. honey
salt and pepper, to taste

Mix everything in a blender and blend until smooth.


SOURCE: Vinaigrette from Giada De Laurentiis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...