Monday, March 25, 2013

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Rosemary and Pine Nuts


I don't even think I liked brussels sprouts until this last year.  Actually not sure I even tried them until then to be honest with you. I don't know what brought on the change, I think I may have gotten them in my bountiful basket once and had to figure out how to use them. 

They sort of became my "aha", just like cabbage was a while back,  and I have been in love with them ever since.  I love them halved, shredded, raw or cooked.  And they are so healthy for you!!

This is my current favorite way to eat brussels sprouts.  Shredded, sauteed with a little sprinkle of this and that and voila! you have yourself a delicious salad.  My husband isn't a fan of rosemary, but I got him to try and he even liked them!!


Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Rosemary and Pine Nuts
1 lb. brussles sprouts, woody ends trimmed, outer leaves discarded
olive oil
salt/pepper
1 - 1 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
1/4 cup pine nuts
grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese

Prepare brussels sprouts, then thinly shred them by either using a sharp knife, mandoline slicer or a food processor. 

In a large frying pan, heat a generous drizzle of olive oil on medium high heat.  Add shredded sprouts and toss to coat, then add rosemary.  Saute only about 3-4 minutes, tossing frequently to prevent burning.  The last 30-60 seconds, add in the pinenuts and saute.  Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste. Top with fresh grated cheese.

Serve warm or room temperature.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...