Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Strawberry-Basil and Goat Cheese Panini


Ha! I told you this week's menu was going to be easy and it doesn't get much easier than basically a grilled cheese sandwich.  I think I had to make this one while holding my 16-month-old on my hip since she has been refusing to let me put her down during her waking hours.  I don't blame her though, when I'm sick, I just want my mommy to hold me too!

I'm really easing into spring with this sandwich, can you tell I can't wait for it to be here already!!!  Strawberries, basil and balsamic are an awesome combo and kind of reminded me of this pizza, which I absolutely adore.  Although strawberries aren't quite in season yet here, I haven't had any problem finding them at the grocery store.


Strawberry-Basil and Goat Cheese Panini
serves 4

8 slices whole grain artisan bread
4 oz goat cheese
about 16 large basil leaves
fresh strawberries, sliced (about half a 1 lb. clamshell)
butter

Honey Balsamic Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsp. honey

Butter the outside of each slice of bread.  Place two slices of bread  next to each other, insides facing up.  Spread about 1/4 of the goat cheese on the bread, dividing it evenly between the two slices. On one slice of bread, layer sliced strawberries, to your liking, and about 3-4 large basil leaves across the top of the goat cheese.  Place remaining slice of bread on top. 

Cook in preheated frying pan on each side until golden brown.

Cut sandwich in half and serve warm with honey balsamic dipping sauce.


SOURCE: Cookie + Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...