Friday, March 1, 2013

Kale, Fennel and Grapefruit Salad


This salad was like a breath of fresh air.  It was something else that I made while I was staying at my parent's a while back, along with those delicious Lentil Veggieballs.

I know I've said before I like to eat a lot of salads but if I don't change it up every once in a while, I get a little bored. This is a simple, quick to throw together salad, using just a few seasonal ingredients.  If you're looking to change it up too, try this one out!


Kale, Fennel and Grapefruit Salad
For the salad:
1 bunch of kale, torn into bite sized pieces
1 grapefruit
1 head of fennel thinly sliced or shaved on a mandolin
2-3 dates, pitted and chopped
¼ cup slivered almonds
¼ cup mint leaves

For the dressing:
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp. honey
2 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ tsp. salt

Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and whisk to combine.

Segment the grapefruit and squeeze any remaining juice from the flesh into the dressing.

Place the kale and fennel in a large bowl and drizzle with a few tablespoons of the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.

Add the grapefruit and dates and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle the almonds and mint over the top and serve with a drizzle of additional dressing if desired.


SOURCE: Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...