Thursday, March 11, 2010

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I made these the other night and hadn't planned on posting them. First of all because everyone has their own cookie recipes and second of all, their just cookies, right? Holy Hannah, not these, they were so good, I couldn't not post the recipe. This dough makes a firm yet tender cookie. Even better, they didn't dry out or harden overnight, they stayed tender. That's one of my biggest pet peeves about cookies is that they harden if you don't eat them right out of the oven. These were heavenly right out of the oven, but any way you eat them grab a glass of milk and you will enjoy them!


3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1-2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (creamy is fine too)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars together until creamy; about 2 minutes. Add the peanut butter and mix until incorporated. Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined.

On low speed, add in the dry ingredients. Mix just until the combined. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips until everything is combined.

With a small scoop, scoop the dough into balls and place on 2 baking sheets. Slightly flatten dough balls. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned and puffed. They will set up after they cool, so don’t over bake.

Remove cookies from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 3 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.


Makes about 21 cookies.

SOURCE:Recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod.

2 comments:

  1. I was browsing for something different to make for my mom and sisters for Mother's Day. I have tons of cookie reicpes but nothing looked good and I didn't want to the same old prenut butter or the same old chocolate chips, though they love those. When I saw this recipe I KNEW I needed to make these. I'll let you know how they turn out. THANKS! Stop by my blog sometime:
    stoneyhillcabin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love them. We just made them the other day and they were gone the next day! Thanks for stopping by, I'll be sure to visit too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...