Wednesday, March 31, 2010

April Monthly Menu

Wow, I can't believe it's already April. I can't wait for Spring to officially be here. It's been teasing us for the past couple of weeks and it's killing me! The other day it was in the mid 60's and today it snowed. Crazy weather here. My girls are so anxious to be outside. We've started taking walks to the park every relatively warm day we've had lately and I'll look forward to walks every day.

On to my monthly menu for April. I am STILL trying to clean out my freezer, well mostly my deep freeze now, because we just found out we're going to be moving at the end of the month. After 5 long months, we will finally get to close on our condo! Yeah, I'm pretty excited. So, in cleaning out my freezer I think I'm going to be making a lot of smoothies. I did a little inventory the other day and still found a bunch of apricots and raspberries! That's ok though, we've had smoothies for the past 3 days and love them.

I'm trying a few new things this month that will help me use up some of my frozen meat and I've also got some recipes that will help use up that holiday Easter ham.

Lunches
Pineapple Ham Pockets
Ham, Pear and Cheddar Panini
Chicken Meatball Subs

Dinners
Pecan Encrusted Chicken w/ Apple Salad and Peanut Butter dressing
Honey Curry Chicken w/coconut rice & sugar snap peas
Cranberry Chicken w/rice & broccoli
Lemon Poppy Chicken with Sweet Pea Couscous
Garlic Rosemary Roast Turkey Breast w/garlic mashed potatoes & green beans
Basil Chicken Burgers w/salad

Sweet and Sour Meatballs w/rice &
Fajitas and homemade refried beans
Spaghetti w/ salad
Homemade Pizza
Penne Pasta with Smoked Ham and Pepper Cream Sauce & sugar snap peas
Spring Risotto

Lentil Soup
White Bean Chili Verde w/ corn tortillas
Sweet Potato Corn Chowder
Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup

Other Goodies
Sour Cream Pound Cake with Lemon curd and fresh berries (hubby's b-day)
Blueberry Cheesecake Bread
Apple Walnut Bread

2 comments:

  1. Your menu looks great. Ty for linking up. I am adding a link to your spanish rice to my menu since I have it down for this month. Do you have a recipe for your coconut rice? I looked but couldn't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, You'll love that rice! I have not posted the recipe for the coconut rice yet so keep watching for it. I saw your vanilla pound cake last night when I was linking up and I think I might have to make that one in place of the one I was planning to make! Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...