Monday, March 22, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday



For today's Muffin Tin Monday, there was no theme so I chose to label ours "Tomato Soup for the Little Sick Soul." My two little girls have been sick for over a week and they have been MISERABLE! So, today, I thought I'd try to lighten up their spirits by using springy muffin cups and warm their insides with some yummy soup.

I made homemade tomato soup, in the middle, with goldfish, flower-shaped cheese and grilled cheese croutons for toppers. There is also fresh strawberries and raspberries.

NOTE: When my first daughter was much younger and I started serving her tomato soup, I found it very difficult because it's so liquidy. I started letting her drink her soup with a straw and she loves it and will finish the whole bowl!
Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

7 comments:

  1. What a very springy muffin tin you had this week. I am sure your daughters loved it and hope she is feeling better! Love the idea of drinking it through a straw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tin. I am going to try your idea with the straw because I can not get my little one to eat soup at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for little ones eating tomato soup!

    It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soup with toppings looks wonderful. I will have to remember the straw with soup trick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it. it looks great. and hmmm. i never thought about the straw/soup idea. i might just try that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this type of lunch when I don't feel well. Thanks for the straw tip, I haven't thought of that before. Hope they feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We use straws for soup too! And applesauce and yogurt, for toddlers who aren't spoon-efficient yet. It works great and the less mess is a very welcome bonus! :)
    Nice luch. I hope your little girls are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...