Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September Menu

Fall is in the air, I can feel it. We've had some teasers here and there over the past 2 weeks with some cool weather and it has totally thrown me into fall mode. It has me thinking soup and everything pumpkin! Before summer started I started doing Sunday Soup every week and I think this is the month to bring it back! I think I'll try doing a little link party so you can link up your favorite soups too. So, be thinking of something to share this month. I love seeing what other people come up with.

I'm excited about my menu this month. I still have a lot of fresh things because I will still be receiving my CSA produce and hitting up the farmer's market but I'm transitioning into some fall-friendly foods as well.

Dinners
Mango Chicken Salad
Chopped Barbecue Chicken Salad
Garlic Ranch Pizza
Orzo with Roasted Veggies
Creamless Tomato Soup w/ grilled cheese sandwiches
Bean Curry w/ Coconut Rice

Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese w/ cauliflower
Corn and Basil Cakes w/ sliced garden tomatoes
Thai Steak Salad
Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup w/ breadsticks
Couscous salad with Feta and Chickpeas

Brown Sugar Bourbon pork, Mexican Cornbread & Smashed Pinto Beans
Asian Lettuce Wraps
Orzo w/ Spinach and Pine nuts, Corn on the Cob
Red Curry Coconut Noodles & peas
White Chicken Chili w/ corn tortillas

Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Strips w/ salad & Oven-Roasted Corn in Chili Coconut Milk
Garden Spaghetti w/ garlic bread
Curried Lentil & Couscous Salad
Savory Crepes (filling to be determined) & Veggie
Split Pea Soup w/ Smoked Sausage and greens

Other things I'll be making:
Homemade Yogurt
Carrot Spice Muffins
Pumpkin Pancakes w/ Pumpkin Maple Syrup
Pumpkin Apple Butter Muffins
Bittersweet Chocolate and Pear Cake w/ Buttermilk Ice Cream
Maple-Almond Granola

2 comments:

  1. yum yum! I need to make more soups! They are so easy, but I never make them...maybe this fall I will! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm! You have some fantastic meal planned!!

    Lynn
    http://punkaroonie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...