Friday, September 3, 2010

Whole Wheat Zucchini Parm Pizza


I wish I had all these zucchini recipes last year when I actually had zucchini in my garden. Sadly to say much went to waste because we didn't eat it fast enough and got tired of it. Zucchini is so versatile, there are endless possibilities.

This is a great little pizza and super easy to throw together. I thought the taste would be mediocre at best but I was wrong. Between the parmesan and the garlic seasoning, the taste was wonderful! I loved it.

1 recipe Perfect Pizza Crust (substituting at least half of the flour for whole wheat flour)
2 small zucchini, sliced thin
oilve oil
Johnny's Garlic Bread Seasoning (Costco)
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4-1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Make pizza crust according to directions. After you spread it out on a pizza pan or stone, brush or drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with the Johnny's seasoning. Lay out zucchini on top of the dough then top with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.

Bake at 425° F for about 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...