Friday, January 8, 2010

Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza- 3 sauces

I knew this was going to happen! I went to take a picture of the last 2 pieces of pizza while I had good, natural light but this is what I got instead. So, you'll have to settle for the picture I took at night, in the dark, with my flash. I think it still looks pretty yummy.I posted this originally back in August, I think, but I've made it since then with different sauces, so I thought I'd updade it.

for 2 pizzas

1/2 recipe homemade white bread
Sauce (your choice)
2 small grilled chicken breasts,chopped(I seasoned them with powdered ranch dressing)
1 roma tomato, diced
green onion, sliced
mozzarella cheese
chives

Make bread dough and split in half. Spray pizza pan, cookie sheet or pizza stone with cooking spray and roll out dough. If you only have one stone to cook on, leave the other half of the dough in a ball and when the first pizza is done, slide it off and roll the remaining dough out. Spread half of the sauce on the dough, then sprinkle with chicken, tomatoes, green onion and cheese. Bake in 425 oven for 15 minutes. Repeat with second pizza.

Sauce 1: Garlic Ranch Cream Sauce
2-3 garlic cloves
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
salt & pepper
2-3 tsp. powdered ranch dressing
1 cup chicken stock
2/3 cup whipping cream

Heat butter in frying pan and saute garlic on medium heat for a minute. Add the flour and whisk. Let bubble for about a minute. Add chicken stock and cream, whisking to combine; let bubble until thickened. Add ranch powder and salt & pepper to taste. This makes enough for 2 pizzas.

Sauce 2: Johnny's Garlic Spread
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp. Johnny' Garlic Spread (I bought mine at costco)

Mix together and refrigerate a couple hours before use. Use half on each pizza. This nifty jar of seasoning has come in handy a lot lately! I've used it here, for my pizza, because I didn't have any ranch dressing, I've used it to season my chicken and I always use it for my garlic butter when making garlic bread. It's terrific!

Sauce 3: Your favorite bottle of ranch dressing

NOTES:As far as the sauces go, I really like the garlic ranch cream sauce, it has a lot of depth to the flavor and is, as stated, creamy. Johnny's is my next favorite and ranch dressing my least. I have to say, I'm not sure if I would use a bottle of ranch because I just like to make things from scratch, but hey, it's pretty convenient if you find yourself in a bind.

You could also add cooked and crumbled bacon to this pizza and switch up your cheeses if you like; make it your own. Here's a tip about chicken stock when making the first sauce: If you use chicken stock in the can, you'll have almost a cup leftover to refrigerate and use within 2-3 days or freeze for later. However, I like to use chicken soup base or buillon granuals so I only have to make as much chicken stock as I need and not have any leftover. I small jar of soup base takes up a lot less space than a case of chicken broth and it's more cost-effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...