Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sweet Potato Pancakes w/ Pecan Butter

Ok, so I'm a little obsessed with pancakes. Because my daughter recently kept asking for pancakes all the time, I can't get them off my mind and I'm still collecting new recipes to try and thinking up others to create. How does orange buckwheat pancakes sound or strawberry sunrise pancakes? Or even peanut butter or egg nog pancakes. Seriously, the possibilities with pancakes is endless.

I usually try to make pancakes as healthy as I can by using all whole wheat flour, only adding a little bit of oil and sugar and making my own syrups or jams or using fresh fruit. I've been pretty lucky in that my girls have eaten every kind of pancake that I've thrown at them. Now, if I could only be so lucky at dinner time.

Well, on to these sweet potato pancakes. They are perfect for this time of year and highlight some of the wonderful flavors of fall. If you have any leftover sweet potatoes from your Thanksgiving feast, these would be a great way to use them up. The pecan butter really adds to the depth of flavor and takes them up a notch. If you're into fall fare, you've gotta try these!



Sweet Potato Pancakes w/ Pecan Butter
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 cup plain yogurt (or sour cream)
1 1/4 cup mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp. butter, melted

Pecan Butter (recipe below)
Maple Syrup

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix together and whisk until smooth. Cook in batches on an electric griddle or in a buttered skillet on medium high temperature until bubbles form on the surface; then turn over and cook until golden brown. Serve with pecan butter and maple syrup.


Pecan Butter
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans toasted and cooled
1/2 pound butter (8 Tbsp.), softened
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey

Mix all ingredients together. Roll in parchment paper and freeze. Cut into slices and top sweet potato pancakes.


SOURCE:Pecan Butter from Food Network

Linked to...
Recipe Swap Thursday @ Prairie Story
Mom's Crazy Cooking

6 comments:

  1. Wow - lovin the pecan butter. I have lots of pumpkin puree....I'm going to try to swap if for the sweet potatoes. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm, we love pancakes too:) I usually try to keep it at least 1/2 and 1/2 whole wheat flour, and have started substituting applesauce in for the oil. It makes them super moist, a bit more dense, but not really noticable. Thanks for the wonderful recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have lots of good recipes here. It is going to take me a while to make my way through them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pancakes look awesome. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son LOVES pancakes. Thanks for linking up to This Week's Cravings. Next week will be Crock Pot recipes, hope to see you linking up again soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...