Wednesday, June 30, 2010

July Monthly Menu

Another month has come and gone. Just the other day I was realizing that we're halfway through the year already. Wow! As I was gearing up for this month's menu, I wanted to go back through my recipes and try some old favorites that we haven't had in a while. I like to try new things a lot but it's sad when something is so good and it only gets made once then forgotten about. So you'll see many links this month to those previous recipes that I've already blogged about (well, I can't say I really blogged about some of them because they were from the very early days of Sweet Luvin' In the Kitchen and back then it was basically a recipe box).

I tried to keep about half of my recipes meatless and include a lot of fresh veggies and whole foods. I'll be making a few extra things this month, meals for mom's with babies and the 4th of July, but I haven't quite figured it all out yet so there may be a few surprises here and there.

Here's what's for dinner:
Honey-lime Chicken and Orzo with Spinach and Pine Nuts
Greek Chickpea Salad, eggplant foccocia and fresh oranges
Hamburgers w/ steak fries and green salad
Veggie Pasta Salad and fresh fruit
Orange Cashew Chicken with Broccoli and Ginger Noodles

Barbecue Chicken Bacon Pizza with Caramelized Onions
Pecan Apple Chicken Salad with Peanut Sauce
Mexican Rice Bake
Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta w/Fresh Mozzarella and zucchini
Spicy Mango Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Spanish Rice

Asian Slaw with roasted peanuts and Whole Wheat Bread
Pecan-Crusted Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce and steak fries
Basil Chicken Burgers and steamed green beans
Bean Curry and Thai Coconut Rice
Pizza Rolls and fresh fruit

Lemon Linguini
Brown Sugar Bourbon Pork with Tomatillo Brown Rice and steamed veggie
Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Apricot Sauce, homemade bread and zucchini
quesadillas and sauteed fresh corn
Stuffed Poblanos and pico de gallo


Other things I'll be making:
Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake
Quinoa Granola
David Lebovitz's Top Granola
Cracked Wheat Blender Pancakes
Homemade Burger Buns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...