Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June Monthly Menu

Well, it's a new beginning. The start of a new month and a new menu. I don't have school age kids yet so I haven't been anticipating the end of the school year, but I sure have been anticipating the warmer weather. It has been so strange here. It's June 1st and it's in the low 60's, cloudy and rainy. I don't think we've had a really hot day yet this year. Well, I guess I shouldn't complain because I'm sure the days of summer will bring plenty of sunshine and heat. I'm so excited to have a pool where we live now so I can take my girls often. When I was growing up I was a "pool rat" and hung out at the pool all summer.

On to my menu for this month. I am excited to have so many fresh foods and a lot of variety. I'm trying to cut down on how much meat we eat and make lots of different salads. My menu will be shorter than usual because we're going on a week long vacation to Oregon for my husband's family reunion. I'm really excited, I've never been there and I hear the Redwoods are amazing!

Most of my recipes this month came from my Cooking Light Cookbooks. I know I've said it many times, but I LOVE those books. They have some great recipes. If you see something that sounds yummy make sure to check back for the recipe later in the month when I post.

Lunch Salads
Apple-Pecan Salad w/ Peanut Sauce (Making this w/o the chicken)
Orange Edamame Salad
Strawberry Mango Jicama Salad

Dinners
Sticky coconut chicken with rice and roasted cauliflower
Mexican Rice Bake
Bourbon steak w/ mashed potatoes and Strawberry Spinach Salad
Spaghetti Pie with green salad and whole wheat baguette
Pad Thai w/ tofu

Chopped BBQ Chicken Salad
Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad with Fresh Mozzarella
Baked Penne w/Caesar salad
Creamy Taco Mac
Pizza Rolls

Grilled portabellos, wild rice & Sugar Snap Pea Salad w/ Ginger-soy dressing
Pecan-Crusted chicken with honey-mustard dipping sauce, mashed potatoes & green beans
Greek Chickpea Salad w/ homemade whole wheat pitas and Feta Spinach Tarts
Honey-Lime grilled chicken w/ Creamy Parmesan Orzo
Stuffed Poblanos w/ Chipotle bacon cornbread

Other Things I will be making
Coconut French Toast
Apple Pancakes w/ Butter Cream Syrup
Ricotta-honey Mousse w/ berries
Apple-Walnut Flax Seed Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...