Saturday, June 5, 2010

Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing


I am loving this salad lately. I have had it several times at my mom's house and finally made it for us. It's very quick to throw together, and so tasty. I love the feta and walnuts. Drizzle a little poppy seed dressing on top and it's heaven! The poppy seed dressing I tweaked a little from my sister's mother-in-law's recipe. It's one of the best poppy seed dressings I have had.

Throw some grilled chicken on top to make it a main dish salad, or serve it up as a side on any summer menu. Be ware though, if you take it to a pot luck, you'll come home empty-handed!


For the salad:
1 10-oz. bag baby spinach
feta cheese, crumbled
1 quart strawberries, sliced
walnuts

Put everything in a large salad bowl and gently toss. Add dressing and toss again. (Note: Add dressing to the whole salad only if you do not plan to have leftovers; otherwise it will wilt.)




For the dressing:
1 cup sugar
2 t salt
1 t dry mustard
1 t Dijon mustard
2/3 cup red wine vinegar
3 T red onion (about 2 slices)
1 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. poppy seeds

Put everything but poppy seeds in a blender and whiz until well-blended. Add poppy seeds last and pulse breifly just to combine.

Store in fridge for 3–4 weeks

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michele,
    Your salad looks awesome! Thanks for adding it to my Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this salad and dressing for a big picnic and it was a huge hit! Everyone has been asking me for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, so glad everyone liked it, it's a great one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...