Sunday, January 26, 2014

Menu Plan Monday

I don't know if I even dare make a menu for this week!  I've been living off of smoothies the past couple of days because I am sick yet again.  This is getting pretty old...being sick, not drinking smoothies.  I still love my smoothies!  This is one of the huge reasons I don't enjoy winter though.  I don't even mind the cold so much or the snow, but I haven't even been able to go out and play in it with my kids!!  I did finally break down and bundle up to take my 2 year old on a walk today. It was 19 degrees but we stayed warm and the sun was welcome!  I'll have to do that more this week.  Need that vitamin D.

Well, I'm still trying to clean out both my freezers and pantry.  It's going pretty well but I've still got a long way to go.  My shopping trips have been mostly produce, milk and eggs and I hope to stick to that in the coming weeks.  My hubby started grad school this month so he's gone two nights a week so I'm trying to keep most of the meals simple and kid-friendly.  We'll see.


Weekly Menu - January 27-February 1
Monday
Easy Sesame Peanut Noodles
Asian Slaw

Tuesday
Spaghetti Squash with Spinach, Tomato and Goat Cheese (probably homemade mac and cheese for the kids)
salad

Wednesday
Broccoli and Ham Bread Pudding
fresh fruit

Thursday
Baked potato bar
salad
steamed veggies

Friday
Grilled Fontina and Arugula Pizza

Saturday

Hamburgers
salad
fruit

Sunday
BLT pasta
salad
steamed veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...