Monday, July 1, 2013

The Perfect Hamburger


What is summer without the perfect burger?  I've been making these burgers forever.  They are so simple but really the best homemade burger I have ever made.  My oldest daughter asks for hamburgers about once a week at least so I'm glad I have this simple recipe to throw together.  They are so quick, you'll be finished making them before the grill heats up!

I like to serve my burgers on whole wheat buns, I use this recipe and substitute whole wheat flour, with just lettuce, tomato, mayo and ketchup.  I know, pretty plain, but there are some things that just don't need to be complicated.


The Perfect Hamburger
1 lb. ground sirloin
2 Tbsp. finely chopped yellow onion (I use dehydrated since it's just a small amount)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1-2 dashes Worcestershire sauce

Place everything in a mixing, bowl. Mix together with your hands until well incorporated.  Form into patties; I do about 5-6 per pound.

Preheat outdoor grill over medium-high heat.  Oil the grates of the grill.  Place the patties on the heated grill and cook 4-5 minutes.  Flip and cook another 3-4 minutes.

Serve warm with toasted buns and toppings of your choice.


SOURCE: Williams Sonoma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...