Thursday, May 30, 2013

Minted Yogurt Dipping Sauce


If you can't tell I've been in a mediterranean mood lately, with the hummus, naan and now this yogurt dipping sauce.  I acutally made and ate them together and had it for lunch for several days.

I can't remember how I came across this recipe, but I had some fresh mint leftover in my fridge that I needed to use up so I went searching. I wasn't sure what to think when I saw the list of ingredients but I had everything so I went ahead and made it.  I made it right after I made my first batch of hummus and flat bread so I put it all together.  Wow, what a great combination! The salty, chewy hummus and flat bread went perfectly with the fresh and tangy sauce.  I bet it would even be great with some lamb or pork.  The recipe only makes about a cup so if you're serving it to company I suggest at least doubling it!

Minted Yogurt Dipping Sauce
2 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves (about 1 small bunch)
1 cup loosely packed cilantro (about half a bunch)
1/4 cup finely diced red onion
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup pain Greek yogurt
1 tsp. raw honey
pinch of salt
pinch of red pepper flakes
drizzle of olive oil


Place everything in a food processor with a chopper blade and process until well blended. Store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...