Saturday, May 25, 2013

Hummus


I'm so happy to finally have a hummus recipe that I love and is quick and easy to throw together.  I know it's not rocket science and there's about a bajillion recipes out there for hummus but this one's a keeper for me.

I have recently had this obsession with Trader Joe's Organic Hummus, which is so good if you have never tried it.  Every time my hubby goes into Salt Lake I plead with him to stop at Trader Joe's for me to pick up a few key items, hummus being one of them. Sadly though, we don't make it there far enough, haha, so I decided it was time to make my own, and spend a fraction of the cost!


Hummus
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 15-oz canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)-drained
1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
1 clove garlic, minced
pinch of salt

Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.  Add sesame seeds and cook until lightly browned. 

Put everything in the blender in order listed.  You may need to pulse it a couple times to get it going.  Let blender run until it reaches desired consistency.  If you want to thin it out a little, add either water or olive oil about a tablespoon at a time.  Check for seasoning and adjust if necessary. 

Serve with pita chips or fresh veggies.


SOURCE: Blendtec

2 comments:

  1. This is actually sound so easy and delicious to make, Thanks for sharing the recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet! It is delicious and very quick to throw together. Enjoy.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...