Saturday, February 9, 2013

Chopped Greek Salad


Did you like the Greek Quesadillas from yesterday? Well, here's a little more Greek for you.  Most of the time I make a meal, I try to include a vegetable, many times a salad, and sometimes both.  You see, I love to eat salads, but my kids are not quite at that age where they appreciate the goodness of a salad yet.   So, being the good mom that I am, I make them a separate vegetable, that they will eat so they can still get some good nutrition, and they can still watch my hubby and I eat our salads, hoping one day they will follow suit.  We'll see.

Whenever I make a Greek-inspired meal, this salad is always served.  It's simple, very quick and oh so tasty!  Sometimes if I have leftovers or extra ingredients, I eat this by itself, as it's own meal.  Like I said, I love Greek!  And I love this salad.

Chopped Greek Salad
1-2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
2 cucumbers, quartered and peeled, if desired
red onion, thinly sliced
1 can black olives, drained and halved
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
fresh mint leaves, chopped (optional)

vinaigrette:
4 Tbsp. olive oil
4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
dab of dijon mustard

Prepare salad ingredients and put them in a large salad bowl.

Put all dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake vigorously until combined. Pour over salad and toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...