Friday, December 3, 2010

December Menu

Oh, where has the time gone? First it was oh, it's the end of the summer, now it's oh, it's the end of the year. End of the year! Holy cow, how did that happen? This month is a little crazy for me because not only am I trying to get ready for Christmas and actually enjoy the holiday season with my family but I'm also trying to get 2 birthday parties ready for my girls. My baby is turning 2 next week and my oldest is turning 4 the beginning of January.

I'm not really going to worry too much about a menu this month because I know I have stuff in my freezer and pantry that I can use and it's about time to clean those out anyway. Other things that I've thought about making will be easy meals (lots of beans) so I don't stress out too much and make myself more crazy than I already am!

I'm a freak about pancakes and still have a few more up my sleeve for this month. I also love holiday treats so I'm sure I'll be making plenty of those (as husband sighs and rolls his eyes) as well. I'm sure I'll need a work out plan after this month is over, so it's a good thing I have a half marathon looming over my head for June to get ready for.

If you have any must-have holiday food/treats, feel free to share the link in the comments. Happy holidays and good eats!

Breakfast
Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes
Banana Pancakes
Gingerbread Pancakes
Egg Nog Cranberry Muffins
Egg Nog Pancakes
Cranberry Spice Granola
Peanut Butter Granola

Dinner
Cannellini Beans with Kale
Cauliflower Soup
Veggie Fajitas
Pesto Pizza w/ butternut squash
Chipotle Bean Tostadas
Grandma's Chili
Chicken Parm Meatball Subs
Bruschetta
White Chicken Chili
Penne Pasta w/ Smoked Ham and Pepper Cream Sauce
Beans & Cornbread
Creamless Tomato Soup
Lentil and Mushroom Pot Pies
Butternut Squash Gnocchi w/ Sage Butter
Chickpea Chicken Soup
Butternut Squash Soup

Birthday Menu
Ham and Cheese Sliders
Mini Grilled Apple and Cheddar Sammies
Asian Slaw
Spinach Salad
Fruit & Veggie Plate

Holiday Treats
Gingerbread Trifle
Peppermint Bark Magic Brownies
Christmas Crunch
White Chocolate Egg Nog Fudge
Egg Nog Mini Bundt Cakes
Orange Cranberry Biscotti with White Chocolate Chips and Orange Glaze

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...