Friday, December 10, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I grew up on the east coast. Now I live close to the west coast. Growing up I made a pretty mean chocolate chip cookie. I kind of got famous for them around my group of friends. When I came out west I tried making chocolate chip cookies for years and could never get them just right like I used too. I kind of gave up for a while. Then I had kids, got back into the cookie baking business and BINGO! Found a keeper.



Every time my daughter asks me if we can make cookies I search through my piles of recipes to try, then I look through my trusty old Toll House cookie book and it practically turns itself to the page with these cookies on it. I take one look and know immediately that these are the ones we'll make....again...and again. They are so good! When I make them they do not last long in our house. I love that they are perfectly chewy and not flat and crispy (not my kind of cookie), and I love the little hint of cinnamon you can taste too. These little cookies completely satisfy my every craving. Maybe they will yours too, so give them a try.

Chunky Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softenend
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups (12-oz pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts (or use chunky peanut butter)

Preheat oven to 375° F.

Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and peanut butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets. Press down slightly to flatten into 2-inch circles.

Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 4 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

SOURCE:Toll House Best-Loved Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...