Monday, December 20, 2010

Ham and Swiss Sliders


This whole winter thing is kind of stinking it up right now. First of all, I haven't exercised in about 2 months and it's starting to show. Secondly, there's not enough sunlight! On a good day, the sun goes down right after 5pm and the other days it's either cloudy or snowy. I like to take my photos with natural light and it's been real tricky lately. I mean I could have dinner ready at 4pm just so I could maybe have some light to take a decent picture. I guess I could use my flash, but it never looks right, and it's busted anyway. I really need a new camera.

I've been waiting to post these sliders so I could get a better picture of them but it just wasn't working out for me and I couldn't hold back any longer. We had these for my daughter's 2nd birthday and they were a big hit. Not a single one was leftover. I made them the other night again for dinner; same story.

I know ham and cheese is pretty darn simple and not rocket science but the sauce on these keeps you going back for more. Typically, I would make my own whole wheat rolls, but I had some frozen dough balls in the freezer that needed using up. This is great party food or a fast and delicious weeknight dinner.


Ham and Swiss Sliders
For the sandwiches:
24 slider rolls (dinner size rolls)
24 slices honey ham
24 small slices Swiss cheese
Mayonnaise

For the sauce:
1 1/2 Tbsp. mustard
1 stick butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 Tbsp. finely minced onion (or 2 tsp. dried minced onion)
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Poppy seeds, for sprinkling

Split the slider rolls and spread the insides lightly with mayonnaise. Fold a slice of ham to fit on each slider bun, and top with a slice of Swiss cheese. Replace the top bun to assemble the sandwiches. Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet, fitting closely together.

Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. To make the sauce, combine all ingredients except the poppy seeds in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle the sauce over the tops of the slider buns. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes. Serve warm.




SOURCE:Annie's Eats and The Girl Who Ate Everything

Linked too...
This Week's Cravings @ Mom's Crazy Cooking
Recipe Swap Thursday @ Prairie Story

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the lack of exercising. And I hate that it is dark around 4:30 p.m. Who wants to do anything when it is dark outside? These ham sliders are classic and therefore delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - I bet the sauce just makes them wonderful!

    Agreed on the winter - dark thing. I love winter time and the holidays, but getting dark so early has put a hold on a lot of activities!

    Thanks for linking this to This Week's Cravings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These looks super good, I am bookmarking (printing) This goes on my to make list. I bet my Indigo would love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made these last night... AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...