Saturday, September 20, 2008

Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes


I think these are about the best pancakes I have ever had! I absolutely love them. They are great hot off the griddle with syrup, or even cold out of the fridge as a snack. I've even put chocolate chips in them once in a while when my sweet tooth kicks in. The title is deceiving though because you can make these pretty healthy, unlike a cookie, most times. I've made many substitutions on and off and these pancakes still come out great. You can try 2% or skim milk, low fat or non-fat sour cream, or yogurt in place of the sour cream. The original recipe called for 1/4 cup melted butter but I only use half of that. Any way you make these babies, they're bound to be de-lish!

1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup whole milk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 ripe bananas
2 Tbsp. butter, melted

Mix dry ingredients, then whisk the wet into the dry until combined. Fold in mashed bananas and melted butter. Heat griddle over medium heat. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on the top; flip to finish.

SOURCE:Rachel Ray

3 comments:

  1. Due to the bananas and oatmeal, are these pancakes soggy at all?

    PS: Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they don't get soggy. They stay moist and they are my favorite pancake of all time! Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these for lunch today and they are super good! We put honey on them and it was great. Thanks for the recipe
    Shorty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...