Monday, September 22, 2008

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

*Sorry no picture, this is one of my first posts.

I love quick breads, I'm a sucker for them. That sometimes means I end up eating the whole loaf myself! This banana bread is my favorite, it always turns out wonderful. My little sister even said it was better than mom's, which is hard to top. Some banana bread I've eaten is too dry, others too oily while yet others lack in flavor. This is so moist and dense, laced with chocolate chips and a little cinnamon and nutmeg. Who wouldn't love it? I've made this many, many times over the years and it is definitely my standard for banana bread.

2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
2 eggs
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.

Place sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add banana, egg substitute, and yogurt; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.

Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.

SOURCE: Adapted from Cooking Light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...