Monday, June 3, 2013

Pina Colada Pancakes

 

Happy Monday!!  It's officially summer break for us here in Utah so I thought I'd start off the week with some Pina Colada Pancakes and get you in the mood for the beach or Bahamas or whatever floats your boat.

I've made a lot of different kinds of pancakes over the years, but it had been a while since I tried something new.  When I spied a version of these a while ago on Tasty Kitchen I knew I wanted to try them...like immediately!! I absolutely LOVE just about anything coconut and pina colada is always a combo I have loved.  If you're looking for something new and unique to try, and can't quite make it to the beach, hopefully these can suffice! You'll love them.

Pina Colada Pancakes
1 cup coconut milk (I used coconut milk beverage from a carton, if you use it from the can  you can water it down a little bit.)
1 egg*
1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 ripe banana, smashed
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup fresh pineapple, chopped

garnish:
sweetened, flaked coconut
macadamia nuts, chopped

In a mixing bowl combine the coconut milk, egg, coconut oil, banana and sugar.  Whisk to combine.  Add flour, baking powder and soda, and salt.  Stir just to combine.  Fold in fresh pineapple.

Preheat griddle while batter sits.

Melt coconut oil on griddle, if desired, before pouring batter.  Pour batter by 1/4 cup onto griddle and cook until bubbles start to form and sides start to look dry.  Flip and cook on the other side another minute or two.  Continue with remaining batter.

Serve warm with chopped macadamia nuts and flaked coconut, even syrup, if desired.

*You can make these vegan by omitting the egg and replacing it with 1 tablespoon ground flax seed, mixed with about 2 tablespoons water.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...