Thursday, June 20, 2013

Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes


Hmmmm, pancakes!!  They're pretty much a breakfast staple around here.  I don't think a week goes by where we don't make at least a batch or two of them.  Last week I found a fabulous deal on some fresh blueberries and I knew immediately I wanted to make a blueberry cornmeal pancake.  My girls don't usually like fruit in pancakes, muffins and such, but when I made these Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins, they devoured them, blueberries and all, and have asked for them several times since.  Needless to say, I figured I was safe making these and I was absolutely right!

Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 egg
3 Tbsp. oil or melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour (I use mostly whole wheat)
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup fresh blueberries

In  a mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, oil and sugar.  Next, add in the dry ingredients, al but the blueberries.  Whisk until incorporated.  Gently fold in the blueberries.  Let batter sit while griddle heats up. 

Pour batter by 1/4 cups onto griddle and cook until bubbles start to form and sides begin to look dry; about 3 minutes.  Flip pancakes and cook another couple minutes on other side, until slightly golden.

Serve warm with maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...