Saturday, July 3, 2010

Celebrating the 4th


We had a great day today with family celebrating the 4th of July. Although it was a little unseasonably cool and quite windy, we enjoyed swimming, picnicing in the park for dinner and, of course, yummy treats.

I hosted everyone at our home and was in charge of dessert and rolls. I started getting things ready last night. My 3-year-old loves to be in the kitchen with me whenever I'm making something. I thought it would be a fun project for her and I to make homemade suckers for all the kids to take home. We decided on red watermelon and blue rootbeer flavors. They turned out great and was a short enough project for my daughter to complete with me.

The other things I made were a chocolate rootbeer cake, butter crescent rolls (tutorial coming) and some cool berry-lemon bars. Everything was delicious and I couldn't be happier just spending time with my family. What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...