Friday, February 26, 2010

Tangerine Beef with Peppers and Onions

Oops, I don't know what happened, here's how the original post was supposed to read:

This meal was supposed to be the orange beef way back from my January monthly menu, now here it is the end of February and I"m just now getting to it. When it was time to get this meal ready, I couldn't find the recipe I had planned to use so I went to Food Network's website, which I don't do a whole lot, and on the home page was a picture and a link to Guy Fieri's Tangerine Beef. I knew immediately that it would replace my orange beef and my thoughts were only confirmed when I read all the wonderful reviews about it. I did things a little differenly than the original recipe, but I think it turned out wonderfully. I loved the strong flavor of the tangerine coming through.

For the marinade:
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 pound flank steak or tri-tip, cut in thin strips on the bias

For the sauce:
2 tablespoons cooking sherry
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
juice of 1 tangerine

For the stir-fry:
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
zest of 1 tangerine, divided
1/2 onion, cut in wedges
1 red pepper, julienned

For the garnish:
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
half of the tangerine zest

In a bowl or resealable plastic bag combine the soy sauce and cornstarch and mix well. Add beef, cover, and let marinate for 20 minutes in the.

Whisk together the sherry, hoisin, honey, soy sauce, and tangerine juice until completely combined.

In large pan or wok, heat about half the oil on high heat. Add the onion and pepper and saute until tender; about 3-4 minutes. Remove to a bowl and set aside. Heat remaining oil and add the ginger, half of the zest and beef and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Return veggies to pan and add sauce mixture and cook for another 2 minutes on medium heat until sauce thickens. Serve on warm platter, garnish with remaining tangerine zest and sesame seeds.

1 serving=1/4 of recipe with 1/2 cup rice
4 servings
Calories per serving:455

NOTES:If you'd like to add some heat, just add some chili sauce or red pepper flakes into the sauce when you mix it together.

SOURCE:Adapted from Guy Fieri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...