Sunday, February 21, 2010

Raspberry Almond Bread

(I know, enough with the raspberries already! This is my last one though, for now. I wasn't going to post this yet, but I've been seriously slacking in the kitchen and haven't hardly made a thing, thus, nothing new to tempt you with.)

My bread turned blue! It sure was tasty though. You know when the recipe says "fold in" such and such because it's delicate well, I just ignored that little instruction because I was just too lazy this time and wanted to get this bread made. Plus, I was making it in my bosch so I didn't want to have to dirty another bowl in order to "fold" in the raspberries, so I just pulsed them in with my wire whisks. They totally bled. It worked for me though because I got my bread made and we loved it! I doubled the recipe and made it in 3 8x4-inch pans. By the end of the night, we had eaten half of a loaf already.

Now, I understand that raspberries aren't a winter fruit, but as you know, I'm trying to use up the last of my raspberries in my freezer (hence the last several posts featuring raspberries). Tuck this away until peak season this summer and use fresh berries or make it for breakfast next week, with frozen berries and make sure you have a tall glass of milk on the side. Enjoy!

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup vanilla or plain yogurt
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
2 eggs
1 cup crushed fresh or frozen raspberries
1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds


Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray or grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar and almond extract until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then the yogurt. Mix in the dry ingredients. Fold in the crushed fruit and almond slivers.

Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the center of the oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.

Cool the bread in the pan for 20 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack, turn right side up and cool completely.


SOURCE:Joy The Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...