Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Smokin' Chipotle Chicken with Cilantro Lime Rice


I love the smokey flavor of chipotles! My mom gave me this recipe the other day and was so excited about it. She also brought me some of her dried chipotles she used to make the same dish so I could make it too. I made it that same night because I had some cilantro and lime in the fridge I needed to use up and hadn't had a plan for them. This was perfect and so yummy! It's a great weeknight meal because it comes together REALLY quick and has very little prep. My girls even ate it all up, so that's always a plus.

Marinade
2-4 Tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1-2 dried chipotles, crushed into a powder*
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 - 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, or chicken breasts cut into strips

Mix all the ingredients together for the marinade and pour them over the chicken in either a shallow baking dish or a zip-loc bag. Marinade for about 15-30 minutes.

Preheat indoor grill pan on medium heat and cook chicken strips in batches until done. (You can also use an outdoor grill.)

*You can find dried chipotles in the Hispanic section of your local grocery store and they are pretty inexpensive. However, if you cannot find them, you can also substitute chipotles in adobo sauce. Unused chipotles in adobo may be stored in the freezer for later use.

Serve with Cilantro Lime Rice

Serving Size= 2 1/2 chicken tenders and 1/2 cup rice
Calories per serving=344

SOURCE:Adapted from Marcela Valladolid, Mexican Made Easy on the Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...