Sunday, August 18, 2013

Menu Plan Monday Week 34 (2013)

Wow!  School is starting in 2 days here and I can ALMOST wrap my head around it.  My oldest is going to first grade so it's the first year I'll have one gone all day.  Not sure how I feel about that.  I hope her sisters don't get lonely...I hope I don't get lonely.

So, being able to eat lunch at school has been a big deal!  My daughter and I sat down together and planned out the first 3 weeks of lunches that she was going to take to school.  She's super excited and to tell you the truth, so am I.  She's a pretty good eater when it comes down to it but can be picky and definitely drags her feet when something new is in front of her (even if she ends up liking it).  I want to sneak in some new things (like hummus and homemade beans) for her to try, hoping that in a less-stressful environment, (aka not the dinner table where mom is yelling at her to EAT) and with her friends she'll be more willing to just eat.  We'll see how that goes.

So, this week we're embracing some of the fruits of our harvest and have lots of corn, tomatoes, peaches and basil coming up.  Can't wait!!



Dinner Menu Week 34 (2013)
Monday
Spicy Bok Choy Rice Bowl

Tuesday
Cold Soba Noodles with Sesame Ginger Sauce
raw veggies

Wednesday
Corn and Basil Cakes
bacon
salad
fresh fruit

Thursday
Caramelized onion, Chipotle and Mushroom Burgers
salad
steak fries

Friday  
Smoky Heirloom Tomato and Grilled Peach Pasta Salad w/ Basil Vinaigrette

Saturday
Leftovers

Sunday
Summer Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...