Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lime Sublime Green Smoothie

Despite the pictures I post on facebook and instagram of some of the goodies I make, I do actually try to eat pretty healthy.  A mid-day green smoothie is almost a daily thing for me.  I started drinking  smoothies years ago as one of the first habits I picked up on my whole foods journey; a habit that I absolutely love.

By now I have a good repertoire of smoothies to choose from and change it up from day to day.  If you're a smoothie-drinker, I think you'll agree that being able to have a variety to choose from makes the habit a lot more enjoyable.

A few months ago I did a 30-day smoothie challenge and this smoothie was one of my favorites and probably the one I drink the most!  I love it because not only does it taste phenomenal but it's super low in calories as well and still packed with goodness.  This is always my go-to when I need a little detox as well.


Lime Sublime Green Smoothie
1 cup coconut water (or water or a combination)
1 cup frozen green grapes
1/2 cup fresh pineapple, frozen
2 handfuls of greens (spinach, kale, chard, etc.)
chunk of lime (make sure you wash it well) or use 1 tsp. zest and some juice if you don't have a high power blender
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
1 tsp. coconut oil (optional)
1 tsp. bee pollen (optional)
additional ice, if necessary

Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth.




SOURCE: adapted from Unconventional Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...