Sunday, August 11, 2013

Menu Plan Monday Week 33 (2013)

Wow, I can't believe the summer is already coming to a close.  School starts here in just over a week.  I don't think I'm quite ready for that; although I think my kids are.  We haven't done half of the things we set out to do, but we still have had some good fun. Now it's back to routines, carpools and early bedtimes...that last one doesn't seem so bad though.

It doesn't really seem like the summer is almost over.  I mean, I have only eaten fresh corn like 3 times so far and I definitely have not eaten my fair share of peaches and fresh tomatoes yet.  I have a whole pinterest board dedicated to summer eats that I've barely touched so I'm going to have to do my best to cram in as much as I can before the weather turns...but why get ahead of myself, it's barely August.  We've got plenty of heat yet.

Once again, the menu this week is quick and easy.  Gotta keep it that way or it just doesn't happen.  You'll notice I have salad just about every night.  I love having salad with dinner.  I usually make it the larger portion of my meal, while the others keep is on the side.  When I make a salad I like to make enough for at least two days, sometimes three.  That way I can chop once and eat thrice. 


Dinner Menu
Monday
Spaghetti
green salad
Artisan Bread

Tuesday
Charred Corn Tacos
Southwest Cabbage Slaw
fresh fruit

Wednesday
Chicken Bacon Spinach Pasta w/ Tomatoes and Avocado
steamed broccoli
leftover salad

Thursday
Chipotle Caramelized Onion Burgers (Homemade Burger Buns)
steamed fresh green beans
steak fries

Friday
Stacked Green Enchiladas
leftover slaw and veggies

Saturday
Spicy Bok Choy Rice Bowl
peas

Sunday
leftovers/fend for yourself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...