Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Dip


I'm not a huge football fan.  Not because I don't enjoy watching it or love the "rush" of the game, but because we haven't been able to watch sports on T.V. for years since we don't have cable anymore.  And gone are those college days when my hubby and I actually attended sports events.  But after I had kids I became such a home body...I know I'm kinda boring.  But I do love food and I love to feed people!!!

With the Super Bowl coming up next Sunday, you're going to need something under your belt to feed a crowd.  Not only is this SUPER tasty but SUPER easy as well.  I have made it so many times for my husband's work parties and there is NEVER any left.  If you love buffalo-flavored anything, you're doing to die when you taste this dip.  Don't leave it off your Super Bowl Menu!!  Your guests will thank you and will be begging you for more!


Buffalo Chicken Dip

makes about 4 cups

8-oz cream cheese, cut into pieces
1 cup Bleu Cheese Dressing (below)
1 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups cooked and shredded chicken

Cook chicken and set aside to cool.  Once cooled, shred and set aside.

In microwave safe mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, bleu cheese dressing, hot sauce and cheddar cheese. Cook on half power at 2 minute increments, stopping to stir and combine, until cheeses are melted and combined.  Stir in shredded chicken.  Place in a small crock pot about an hour before serving to get hot and bubbly.  If you do not have a small crock, you can also place dip in a shallow baking dish and bake at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until bubbly.

Stir again right before serving.  Serve with choice of dippers:
celery sticks
carrot sticks
sliced bell pepper
tortilla chips
Frito corn chips
crackers


Bleu Cheese Dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup buttermilk
4 oz crumbled bleu cheese
2 tsp. red wine vinegar

In a small mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk and vinegar until smooth.  Fold in the bleu cheese crumbles.  Keep refrigerated until use.


SOURCE: Dip adapted from How Sweet It is, dressing from Williams Sonoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...