Sunday, December 2, 2012

December Menu 2012 (Week 1)

Ahhhh!  It's already December.  Where did the time go? I love this time of year but it's such a whirlwind for our family.  We have a birthday and Thanksgiving in November, a birthday and Christmas in December and then New Years and a birthday just days after in January!!!  We do a whole lot of celebrating during these months, but it's lots of fun and we get to see family more than we  usually do.

Trader Joe's opened up their first location here in Utah last weekend and my friend and I took a girls day and headed up there to check it out.  I was so excited to go.  I had to go down every aisle, I didn't want to miss a thing!  One of my favorite things I bought was a black bean and quinoa corn chip.  They were delicious and pretty healthy; not a lot of ingredients or additives.  I think I may try making them on my own.  Homemade crackers/chips, why not? I also grabbed some tomato-basil hummus to go with it--YUM! Two other favorite things I picked up were some portabello ravioli and some gorgonzola....mmmm gonna try and recreate a fancy dinner with the hubs from our pre-kid era.  Of course, I picked up some more apple cider for more of these pancakes, as well as some brussels sprouts, still on the stalk!!  How cool is that?  Well, maybe not for you but you don't see that much around here.  I can't wait to share with you all that I'll be making from this weeks spoils!  Stay tuned...


December Menu 2012 (Week 1)
Monday
Spaghetti
Italian Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
fresh steamed green beans

Tuesday
Caprese Lasagna Rolls
leftover salad
fresh veggies

Wednesday
Veggie Stir-fry
rice

Thursday
Butternut Squash, Bacon and Gryuere Pasta
Radicchio, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad w/ Balsamic Vinaigrette

Friday
Orzo with roasted veggies
Brussels sprouts with dried cranberries, walnuts and feta

Saturday
(birthday dinner for my 4 year old)
Cafe Rio pork salad/burrito
quesadillas
Spanish Rice
green salad w/ tomatillo dressing
Nutella Cheesecake

Sunday
Leftovers


Other stuff:
Orange-cranberry Granola (getting and updated recipe and picture this week!)
Peanut butter-choco-nana Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie
Cake Batter Pancakes
Homemade Ricotta Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...