Sunday, December 9, 2012

December Menu 2012 (Week 2)

Woohoo, it's the holiday season and I am loving it!  I don't think my waistline is loving it so much though.  So many sweets!!  Last year I had an excuse to eat and eat since I had just had a baby.  This year, sadly, I don't.  But how can you go through the holiday season without indulging even just a little bit?  Some of my favorite holiday treats are my mom's caramels and fudge. But, I also like to stray from the norm as well and make new desserts as well, like this Egg Nog Gingerbreaed Trifle (a huge favorite!!).

I'm trying to balance out all the sweets (from parties, friends and neighbors) with lots of salad and veggies and wholesome main dishes.  My kids are being quite picky eaters as of late, so they have been having hot cereal for dinner quite often.  But, my husband and I still get to enjoy the yumminess.



December Menu 2012 (Week 2)

Monday
Pesto Pizza with Butternut Squash
oven-roasted brussels sprouts

Tuesday
Parmesan Ranch Chicken Fingers
steamed broccoli
steak fries

Wednesday
Ham beans (wow, this post needs a makeover!)
cornbread

Thursday
Ham and Swiss Sliders
spinach salad

Friday
Orzo with Roasted Vegetables

Saturday (Date night dinner)
Portabella Ravioli with Grogonzola Cream Sauce
green salad

Sunday
Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup


What else...
Coconut Brown Rice Pudding
Whole Wheat Raspberry Ricotta Scones
Baked Eggs in Hashbrown Cups

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...