Monday, November 12, 2012

November Menu 2012 (Week 2)

Wow, what a whirlwind week we had last week! We spent the latter half in Las Vegas.  We went down for my husband to run the Ragnar Relay Race and decided to go a day ahead and stay a day later to make a little mini vacation out of it.  Other than the first night we were there it was pretty much an all girls weekend!  As in me and my three darling daughters under the age of 6.  I braved the Bellagio by myself with all three kids (hubs said he was impressed) but decided to stay away from the strip the rest of the time, unless hubby was with me.  We ventured out and did a few other fun things and tasted some delicious food! I was also happy to encounter not one but two Trader Joe's close by, love that store,  as well as Whole Foods.  I could have spent much more time perusing the aisles of both stores, but alas, with three kids in tow, it just wasn't possible. 

So, glad to be home and getting back to our normal crazy busy life. This week I still don't want to go shopping (still have a little sticker shock after the first meal we ate in Vegas) but I know I at least have to go get some fresh fruit and veggies to stock up on. So, I'll be pulling from my pantry again and a little from my freezer to get through the week.  Here's the simple menu I threw together last night after we got home. Hopefully we can stick to it, but it's totally subject to change.





November Menu 2012 (week 1)
Monday
Easy Thai Peanut Noodles
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
chopped fresh veggies

Tuesday
Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers
Jasmine rice
Steamed broccoli

Wednesday
Kale and Lentil Pasta

Thursday
Smoky Pumpkin Soup
Sourdough Baguettte

Friday
Spaghetti
Salad

Saturday
Leftovers

Sunday
Lemon and Oregano Roast Chicken
mashed potatoes
Sweet Peas
Autumn Chopped Salad

Other things we'll be having:
Cake Batter Pancakes
Ginger Sweet Potato Muffins
Mango-Strawberry Smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...