Thursday, October 10, 2013

One Pot Pasta


I'm sure many of you have seen this one pot wonder flying around Pinterest.  I think it was originally posted on the Martha Stewart website, but regardless of where it started it's absolutely genius!  I think this is the first meal all of my kids have both liked and eaten.   Hubby and I loved it to.  It's absolutely full of flavor and fits in that category of comfort foods for me.  Nice and warm, slightly soupy and hey, there's fresh basil!!  Can't go wrong with that.  The only thing this was lacking was a nice crusty sourdough baguette.  I'm kicking myself for not making one.

Prep is a cinch, pretty much just chuck everything in the pot.  I used fresh tomatoes, so chopping them took a few extra minutes.  Canned tomatoes, however are a suitable substitute.  The pasta cooks in about 10 minutes so I'd call this dinner in 15!


One Pot Pasta
12-oz linguini
12-oz cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
2 sprigs fresh basil, chopped
2 Tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper
4 1/2 cups chicken stock

Combine pasta (break in half if necessary), tomatoes, onion, garlic, red-pepper flakes, basil, oil, pinch of salt and pepper, and stock in a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 9 minutes.  Check for seasonings and adjust as necessary.

Divide pasta among serving bowls, garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired, and extra basil.  Serve warm.


SOURCE: Martha Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...