Monday, September 3, 2012

End-of-Summer Smoothies

Not having my computer is totally killing me. My husband has a MacBook Air, which I have been using a little but I don't like it. I can't wait to get my own laptop back! I just couldn't wait another second to post though, I know it's been sparse the past few weeks. I've got not one but TWO wonderfully delicious end-of-summer smoothies to share with you today. Have a great holiday!!

This first smoothie was born out of necessity. Like, howmagonnauseupallthosepeaches my mom just gave me (from her tree)? I know, what a problem right? I knew I liked peaches and blueberries in my green smoothies, but had yet to try them in just an all fruit smoothie (something my girls would more likely like and finish). So, my first trial was a big score, didn't have to change a thing. It was absolutely love at first sight.

Fresh peaches at their peak are the most wonderful thing in the world to eat. I crave them every summer and am always very sad to see them go. If you can get your hands on some before they're gone, you gotta give this a try!

Blueberry Peach and Basil Smoothie
1 cup frozen blueberries
2 fresh, ripe peaches, peeled if you prefer and pitted
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup almond milk
about 4 fresh basil leaves

Put everything in your blender and whiz away!





I couldn't get this next smoothie out of my mind after I saw it. I think I made it that very day. Watermelon is another one of those quintessential fruits of summer that only lasts so long. So we gorge ourselves on it while it lasts then bid farewell until next time.

This smoothie is also paired with basil. I know you're thinking really??? c'mon here! Not more basil. But, seriously, don't underestimate the basil. It adds flavor and life to so many things. It's a subtle flavor that just knocks your socks off. If you're really not a fan, fresh mint would actually be a great substitution.

This is a super refreshing smoothie with the watermelon and cool cucumber. No need to add any extra liquid because the fruit is already full of it.

Watermelon Strawberry and Basil Smoothie
2 heaping cups watermelon
1/2 cup cucumber
1 cup frozen strawberries
3-4 fresh basil leaves

Put it all in your blender and whiz to you liking. Slurp away.

Enjoy!


SOURCE: Watermelon smoothie from My Green Diet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...