Friday, December 21, 2012

Radicchio, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette


I love salads!  I could eat salad every day and probably not get tired of it ever!  I don't think I'd even miss eating meat (since we rarely do anyway).  Although dried cranberries and walnuts or pecans are the norm in salads this time of year, pears are a new addition for me.

I had no idea I was going to like this salad so much. I think what made it for me was the goat cheese and the dressing. Mmmm!

Radicchio, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
for the salad:
10 oz bag baby spinach
1/2 small head radicchio, chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 pears, sliced or chopped
2-4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled

for the vinaigrette:
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tsp. dijon mustard
pinch of salt
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil

Put spinach and chopped radicchio in a large salad bowl and toss with remaining salad ingredients.  In a half-pint mason jar add all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and shake vigorously. Serve over salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...