Monday, December 29, 2014

Buttermilk Waffles


Man oh man there has been a waffle craze around here lately. I don't know about where you live but here in Utah we have Waffle Love. Delicious liege waffles with the most amazing decadent toppings! It was love at first bite.

Now I realize that buttermilk waffles are completely different, but still delicious in their own light.  Many of you know my love for pancakes.  I've made probably thousands and don't even need a recipe.  I grew up in a house where my mom often made us both pancakes and waffles.  I have obviously carried pancakes with me over the years, but I don't know where the waffles fell off.  Since starting to make these, both my kids and husband prefer them over pancakes.  So I suck it up every once in a while and make a big batch.  I like to throw the leftovers in the freezer because they keep so well.  Just pop them in the toaster right from the freezer and they come out nice and warm and crispy--not soggy!

Buttermilk Waffles
3 large eggs, separated
2 cups buttermilk
1 Tbsp. vanilla
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks with buttermilk, vanilla, butter and sugar.  Sift together dry ingredients and add them to the wet.  Whisk to incorporate.

In a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, beat egg whites on medium or high speed, until stiff peaks form. Gently fold them into the batter.  Cover batter loosely with plastic wrap about 10-15 minutes, while waffle iron heats up.

Cook waffles on preheated waffle iron according to package directions.

Serve warm with toppings of your choice: syrup, whipped cream, fruit, etc.


SOURCE: Just a Taste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...