Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Egg Nog Muffins


I absolutely LOVE egg nog and usually try to get as much of it as I can while it's around during the holidays.  Thankfully I'm doing a health and fitness challenge right now, otherwise I'd probably have gone through more than my share.

So I had a lonely quart left in my fridge that needed to be used up before it expired.  I didn't want to "cheat" and just drink it so I made these lovely muffins for breakfast and they were totally devoured.  I think I may need to make them again.

Egg Nog Muffins
Makes 1 dozen

1 cup good quality egg nog
2 eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
1 /4 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
1/2 cup sugar (or 1/3 cup if your egg nog is pretty sweet)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg nog, eggs, sour cream, butter and sugar, until well combined.  Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.

Line muffin tin with liners and divide batter evenly between muffin wells.

Bake muffins for 15-17 minutes or until lightly golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool on wire rack.  Store in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...