Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Easy No-Cook Pizza Sauce


I am eternally grateful to my friend Carrie for introducing me to this pizza sauce.  We have regular pizza nights around here so I want something that tastes GOOD if I'm going to be eating it over and over! I have used this easy sauce a TON and still do on occasion, but I just love this one a little more.  Plus it has fresh basil, need I say more?  I think not.  I love that this sauce has the ease of opening up a couple cans and tossing in some herbs but still has that fresh taste to it.  This is my favorite, it'll be yours too.


Easy No-Cook Pizza Sauce
1 14-oz can diced tomatoes
1 6 oz- can tomato paste
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. fresh oregano (or 2 tsp. dried)
8 large basil leaves (or 2 tsp. dried)

Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.

Store leftovers in the refrigerator.  I like to divide mine up into small containers and freeze it for the next time we make pizza.


SOURCE: Carrie's Creative Kitchen


2 comments:

  1. Nice work ...Lots of cooking schools provide cooking classes. Like Cookie basics and advanced cookies, make your own pizza and etching think Chefs are necessary to bring a completed purpose…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making the basics! Thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...