Thursday, August 9, 2012

Cool Cucumber-Melon Minty Smoothie


Wow, there have been several times over the past few days that I thought I was just going to melt! Don't get me wrong, I like summertime, but when we have day after day of near 100 degree weather, I just want to put on the least amount of clothes that I can get away with and sit under a fan. I get cranky, my kids get cranky and we need something to cool us off!

Did you know that peppermint essential oil is used as a cooling agent, like in reducing fevers? So, how genius is it to put mint leaves in a smoothie and cool your body from the inside out? Pair that with a cool cuke and honeydew melon and you'll be shivering in no time!

I know the combination of ingredients may seem a little odd, but I liked them a lot more than I thought I would, especially feeling that cool mint tingle down my throat and stomach, making me feel cool inside, and minty fresh.


Cool Cucumber-Melon Minty Smoothie
1/2 cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
1 cup honeydew melon, cut into chunks and frozen (preferably)
1/4 cup fresh mint, rinsed
juice of 1 lime (about 2 Tbsp.)
1 cup pear juice (or water and sweetener, if desired)
handful of ice

Put everything in a blender and process until smooth.


SOURCE: Whole Living

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...