Saturday, August 4, 2012

Coconut Lime Ice Cream

I came up with this recipe out of necessity, 'cause ice cream is a necessity, didn't you know? I LOVE anything coconut but coconut and lime are so delicious and refreshing. I had an abundance of each and they were just begging me to throw them together to make ice cream. You just can't have enough during the summer.

I came across a few recipes using a custard base and no coconut milk and I just thought that was ridiculous. Coconut ice cream NEEDS coconut milk and NO eggy aftertaste. Now, don't get me wrong, I appreciate a good custard base but they are not fit for every kind of ice cream.

This is a no-cook base, gotta love that, and it comes together super fast so you can get it freezing in no time at all. I hope you enjoy this cool and refreshing treat.


Coconut Lime Ice Cream
1 14-oz can coconut milk (full fat)
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup whole milk
1 lime, zested
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
1/2 cup flaked coconut

Whisk everything together in a bowl and refrigerate it until chilled.

Pour ice cream base into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Scrape out into a freezer safe container with a tight-fitting lid. Freeze 4 hours or until firm before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...