Thursday, February 3, 2011

February 2011 Menu

Happy February everyone, it's the month of LOVE! Well, first things first. As you may have noticed to the right, I have created a Sweet Luvin' In The Kitchen Facebook page. If you're not a fan yet, make sure you are one when you leave and spread the love to others. I'll have to admit, it took me longer than I would have liked to create and it still may need to do some tweaking. So, if you know of any tricks or have suggestions to help a girl out, PLEASE, send them my way.

Now, on to the menu for this month. I've been dragging my feet the past couple of days to get it done because I have had sick kids! If any of you have kids you know how rough it can be, especially trying to get a good night's sleep. Well, I finally sat down this afternoon and wrote it out while my girls were watching a movie. The menu is going to be a little shorter this month because I'm a few days late and it's a shorter month. Also, as I've mentioned previously on a few posts, I get a CSA produce basket about every other week and I like to leave room on my menu to allow me to fit in what produce I get.

My husband and I don't have any Valentine's Day dinner plans yet so I don't have anything special on the menu, but I'm sure when the time comes it will involve either steak or shrimp if he has anything to do with it. I am, however going to make a few treats with my girls and for our preschool co-op group.

Breakfast
Peppery Bacon Cheddar Scones
Carrot Cake Pancakes
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Breakfast Cookies

Dinner
Thai Meatballs w/ Ginger Sauce, Coconut Rice and steamed Brussels Sprouts
Chinese Chicken Salad
Butternut Squash Gnocchi and roasted asparagus

Ham Fried Rice & veggies
Fettuccine with Cashew Cream & peas, Orange Edamame Salad
Beans & cornbread

Tortilla Soup
Cold Sesame Noodles
Chipotle Beef Taquitos, Spanish Rice, salad
Pasta with Kale Pesto, Butternut Squash Gratin with Gruyere

Spicy Thai Shrimp Soup
Spaghetti Bolognese, garlic bread sticks & Salad
Grandma's Chili w/ fresh pico de gallo and guacamole
Pistachio Chicken w/ Coconut Rice

Other things I'll be making
Roasted Garlic Hummus and Whole Wheat Pita Chips
Chewy Pretzel Bites
Homemade Italian Sausage
Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars
Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles
Flourless Chocolate Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...